Friday, February 22, 2013

Songs that Help Me Write


Avalanche City-You and I

If you found your toothpaste empty
I would squeeze out just a little more
And if you had the sweetest victory
I’d high five you till our hands were sore

If you were scared and worried
I would keep you safe and sound
If you were addicted to fabric
You could fill a whole room in our house

If we climbed the highest tree top
And you said you couldn’t climb back down
I would build the finest tree house
For our new life above the ground

And when you smile at me so sweetly
I love what happens in your eyes
When they open up to me my darling
It’s all I need and it’s so right


Finally found a HAPPY GabexLeah song.

Although this song can actually work with most of my ships since I LOVE the bestfriend turned more (in fiction and not in RL) but this song is pure GabexLeah. Because although KaixLei is also almost the same thing, Kai has the burden of his ties with the Pack and his position within the Pack, and also ties to his family.

But Gabe, for Gabe the world would burn and he wouldn't care as long as Leah is with him. Like the Triplets said, some people have just so much love to spare and they tend to focus on just a few people but they give those people their all...just as long as they earned it. And for Gabe, Leah is all, Leah is everything.


The Narrative-Eyes Closed

And this dormant love you've built

Inside your stubborn ways

Well its begging now for air
Of the sudden breath of change



Oh this can work for every one of the OTPs in my stories.


The Perishers-Nothing Like You and I

We spent some time
Together crying
Spent some time just trying
To let each other go
I held your hand so
Very tightly
And told you what I would be
Dreaming of

There's nothing like you and I
So why do I even try?
There's nothing like you and I

Very much a Kai and Lei song.  



Avalanche City-Sunset

The sun set too soon tonight
Now we are in the last of light
Far gone is the golden hour
The dark could never dim your eyes


We'll tip toe through the streets,

And creep over the eaves
And run across the roofs,
And hide like common thieves
We'll go until the stars expire
So here is where the culprit lies


Oh we'll steal love songs tonight

Oh we'll steal love songs tonight
Oh we'll steal love songs tonight; it's only you and I


This song is very the Lyall boys and Lei, how they just enjoy each other's company and have fun with each other.


The Paper Kites-Bloom

Can I take it to a morning
Where the fields are painted gold
And the trees are filled with memories
Of the feelings never told?

When the evening pulls the sun down,
And the day is almost through,
Oh, the whole world it is sleeping,
But my world is you.

Can I be close to you?

DreamWalkers, a Firdaus and Medea song. It's more a song from Firdaus' POV.





Avalanche City-Love Don't Leave



Her cheeks were red and cold and I held her hand in mine
She squeezed it tight and I felt the warmth escape my bones inside
We saw a storm from far away and we laughed as it wandered by
Then it turned around to hunt us down
So we ran away to hide and she said:
Love don’t leave me now
Love don’t leave me now
Her heart was beating fast and I hoped that we could stay
In our hiding place where it was warm snd cold could not invade
We laughed aloud and talked of things that happened yesterday
But the storm could hear our voices clear
So it came on its way and she said:
Love don’t leave me now
Love don’t leave me now
Well, lives and love won’t last if they won’t face the day
Will you answer this, she said and I hoped it was just a game
But I saw her skin change before me and cold became her face
So I took my hand from hers and began to walk away
Love don’t leave me now


At first I thought oh hey, another sweetly depressing song for Gabe and Leah but then wait, I am wrong. It's actually a sweetly depressing song for Kai and Lei. Ha. Take that, Muse.


Marble Sounds-The Time to Sleep

You're falling in a lower gear
A little rest is what you need
You're rolled up on the seat
Your arms around your knees

We met by chance, talked on the phone
We kept in touch 
I took you home
Sure, it proves we get along
And it will only get better from now on

We found a place to which we drive
And I offer you the time
To sleep - to dream
To wake up when we arrive

A Yohan and Medea from my other book DreamWalkers, in how Yohan's music lulls her to sleep and chases her nightmares away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment