Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fanmix: Unspoken

A Kami&Jared Fanmix. Two character's from Sarah Rees Brennan's The Lynburn Legacy's Unspoken. I massacred Cassandra Jean's awesome artwork (blasphemy, I know. Isn't her artwork just--I can't) with my heavy hand and non-talent. It was by this artwork that Sarah Rees Brennan mentioned FRECKLES AND SCARS and I thought 'hey, that would be an awesome fanmix title'. Featuring artist such as Daughter, Lauren Aquilina, Passenger and so many more.

Disc: None of these are mine. Not character, not book, not songs. I only have love. I know, sucks to be me. 

Original artwork by Cassandra Jean looks like this




Boy&Bear-Blood to Gold


And if this blood don't turn to gold

(the mention of blood and gold reminds me of the children's song about the Lynburns (apple reds, and corn gold, and the lyrics somehow just made me think of Jared)

 

Blue Foundation-Bonfires

Drifting astray with your hand in mine

(obviously Kami and Jared, about how they are there for each other in spite the distance between them, and how everything, at the end, came full circle)

Daughter-Smother


I want him but we’re not right

(this is pretty obvious. A pretty dark song actually. And Kami though she's vivacious and perky at times, she has her dark side and her dark moments (DARTH-KAMI))

Passenger (feat. Josh Pyke)-What You're Thinking



You’re just a stones throw from me,
But throwing stones could never be the perfect way to start

(Jared song about how he feels about Kami, how she's keeping her distance)



Lauren Aquilina-Fools

I want you more than I've wanted anyone 
Isn't that dangerous? 

(Kami's song about her feelings for Jared)

OneRepublic-Something I Need



And I had the week that came from hell

And yes I know that you can tell
But you're like the net under the ledge
But I go flying off the edge

You go flying off as well

(Jared. Obviously)

Passenger-Things that Stop You from Dreaming



Well if you can’t get what you love you learn to love the things you’ve got

If you can’t be what you want you learn to be the things you’re not
If you can’t get what you need you learn to need the things that stop you dreaming


(Jared in general. How he doesn't give a crap about anything else but Kami çause she's the only one that hasn't left/betrayed/disappointed him...of course that's before...*cough*)

Wake Owl-Wild Country




What will become of the truth when we keep it in
Things we don't remember when they ask us "when"

We did the things that we learned we shouldn't do again
What wasn't learned from mistakes we will make them

Maybe this is my heart and maybe it is yours
Burns away the eyes peering in our doors


(this is a song about the whole 'situation' between the families and what's happening in the town)

Peter Bradley Adams-Between Us


And these desperate nights I'll call you again and again
There's comfort, comfort in things we believe
Other than danger, wanting the things I can't see

(Both Kami & Jared. I just imagined them lying in bed talking to each other in happy moments and in sad moments)

Avalanche City-Love, Don't Leave

But I saw her skin change before me
And cold became her face
So I took my hand from hers
And began to walk away
Love don’t leave me now



(Jared and Kami, I can just imagine them as the boy and girl in this song...just switched around)

Gabrielle Aplin-The Liar and The Lighter


Oh love, we want the ones that we will grow to hate, to hate.

(at what happened at the end. ALL HAIL, EVIL TORMENTER SARAH REES BRENNAN!)

There's my mix. What do you think?

Oh, here's a bonus: Somehow, this song reminds me of Ash.

Patrick Watson-Big Bird in a Small Cage


He said 'Open up your ears and hearts, you put a big bird in a small cage and he'll sing you a song'
That we all love to sing along to the sound of the bird that mourns


No comments:

Post a Comment