Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 16: Mood Journal



So, I was just sorting out my stories, most especially my iTunes library, checking the playlists for different novels I'm writing and I realized something amusing. 

Even though Touched and The Wolf Series have a similar theme; a kick ass girl living among supernaturals and finding out something new about herself, action-packed with a smidge of romance and loads of angst and growing pains--the tone of the music I've chosen for them are VERY different. 


(Touched)



(The Wolf Series)

Even the relationship songs are different in both tone and atmosphere.


(Touched)


(The Wolf Series)


Touched darker, rawer songs while The Wolf Series has more earthy, more tribal and soulful. And I guess it's because although the story is almost the same (even the ending ended almost the same) the two main characters are very different.

Leah is driven, angry and rough around the edges while Lorelei is thoughtful, quiet, patient. When Leah will impulsively take action, Lei will wait and wait until all the possibilities are accounted for. 

And I am amused because of how different these two characters are, it affects the whole atmosphere of the story. It's kind of awesome. 

Anyway, I was writing my acknowledgements yesterday and wow, just seeing all those names, all those people that have stayed with me, that have gone above and beyond, who liked my story so much they stayed on for YEARS with me through the triumphs and the disappointments--it's an awesome feeling. 

Yes, there were a few tears. 

And I am truly touched by how these people, these strangers are now friends because they like what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment