Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 12: Mood Journal


I am sick. That is all.

Oh, and problems with editor is now fixed. It's all good now. Tuesday will have more news about the publishing of Touched: The Sword. I am doubtful that it will come out mid-Feb.

An old friend of mine messaged me telling me that his music album (that he has been working since forever) will hopefully be out the end of this month. He had knocked off 4 songs and has 6 songs to go over.

I'm really proud of him and he's really good too. He has a smooth, crooning and voice and his musicality isn't something to scoff at either. 

Here is a sample of what he does. This one is his cover of Maroon 5's Smooth Like Jagger (Latin Jazz Cover) which I really, really love. 

We often chat about how we suffer for our art, how we do it, why we do it, the reactions of people around us, the obstructions we get, the disappointments, the sweet success, and it wasn't a couple of months ago that we met for lunch and discussed about how he wanted to see me (who is still flushed from having signed a contract with a publisher) to gain some sort of momentum (and for me to whine about wanting to listen to his new songs (which I actually got to do)).

I think he just wanted to see that yeah, dreams really do come true.

And hey, it's funny that we have progress in the same month. LOL.

The thing with him is, that he was really a perfectionist, you know? And he's also very academic, and I've always thought of him as someone who'll get a steady office job. Of course, back at school he rapped and loved music but as usual teenagers do, oh, and he also played the piano (but it was something we all did as we grew up, go to madrasah (which I didn't), go be a scout (which I also didn't) and learn to play an instrument (which I did)), so it was a surprise for me when he suddenly played the guitar, SING and got a band.

We both want the same thing, you know, to have what we love as our job. We both know that we still have a long way to go but, we want that.

It's the light at the end of the tunnel. 

We met when we were 10 at a spelling bee. Become friends at highschool, talked and emailed through college and the occasional 'happy birthday' calls...and now we both urge each other on to reach our dreams.

Life is funny that way. 


1 comment:

  1. It's very sweet to have a friend like that :D Comrades in pursuing dreams... Hope you get well soon >< Will be waiting to hear the news on Touched!

    ReplyDelete