Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 15: Mood Journal

General Mood: I want to say happy but again as I said before, happy is a state of mind for me, a momentary feeling and not a state being. So I think today, I'm feeling all right.

Today had no drama and the like. Everything was pretty good actually. It's my fourth day of SHARKWEEK and the headaches and back pains are gone, the cramps are few and far in between. But I do still feel unusually cold. My blood circulation isn't good apparently.

Anyway, I have finished listing endorsements that my readers have given me, have written blurb and sent the cover JPG, I only need to finish acknowledgements. Hopefully I'll finish it by tonight.

I haven't been baking in a while and I miss it. So, after searching for recipes, I found this:

PEANUT BUTTER BREAD


Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
Grape jelly, optional

Directions
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, milk and peanut butter; stir just until combined. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve with jelly if desired.

Yield: 1 loaf.

Looks simple enough and we have all the ingredients in he house already...except the egg. I can buy that from the store near the house. But will have to wait for tomorrow.

I don't know what it is about baking, maybe it's a nesting thing since I have reached 'that age', maybe because it reminds me of when I was a kid coming home to the sound of my mom's mixer, and of trying to wheedle my mom so I can lick the stuffing or the icing or whatever.

My mom used to be a great cook and had taken orders to get some money on the side.

Going home to the smell of something fragrant and sweet baking in the oven was kind of a great childhood memory for me.

It's funny how it's always the little things you remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment