Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Original Poetry: Tight



There are wolves at the door, dear heart, wolves at the door

Close the door, close the door.

Tight.


There are shadows in the light, dear heart, shadows in the light.

Close the window, close the window.

Tight.


There are monsters under the bed, dear heart, monsters under the bed.

Close your eyes, close your eyes.

Tight.


There are tricksters in the world, dear heart, tricksters in the world

Close your heart, close your heart.

Tight.

Copyright © 2011 by D.F. Jules

Artwork © 2011 Stacey K. Wall

2 comments:

  1. Still my favourite poem from you, ever. I love all your poems, but this one gives me shivers and goosebumps and weirdly pleasant sensations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, this one is one of my most favorites. I don't know why, exactly. Probably because it's just so tragic. I mean, telling about closing yourself from the world and everything in it. And that's just no way to live.

      Delete