Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 2: Mood Journal

(slightly fancier sketch)

General mood for today: Sleepy and slightly irritated. 

Today have been very busy with dealing with monkeys, yes, monkeys with an s, we have 2 monkeys now, with the laundry and cooking. The hours passed by pretty quickly and haven't done any writing. Instead, I've been catching up on my favorite TV series and doing some sketches for DW. 


(look! monkey!)


(gurrrrl, you gotta let me borrow this)


Most people would look at my life and think how boring it is but I disagree. Contrary to some of my friends disbelief, I do like my easy going and simple life. Yes, I lack ambition, and yes, I do admit it. But no, I am not unhappy with how my life is. 

I mean, when I gave the condition for me to living back home (to have a room for my own use) was pretty much 'as long as I have space for a bed, my books and a plug for my laptop, I don't care how it looks or how tiny it is' (--just paused to apologize to a friend about something I shouldn't have done, it's been nagging  me all day. Feel better now) as long as I have an escape from company and...life. 

I don't need a super duper important job. I don't need a lot of money. I don't want fame *shudder* and I certainly don't want attention. All I want is to do something that I love, eat awesome food, the health of my family, a room to call my own and all the books I can read. Oh, and internet connection.

For people like me headphones are our best friend, failing that, books. Just something that takes us away from not just life but from ourselves. 

Totally not saying that I don't love myself, I do, but sometimes it's nice not being myself--and not having the problems that comes with myself--for a little while. 'Cause when you're set in your ways--like I am--the possibilities that you usually have when you're much younger lessens and sometimes you sort of just follow the same path over and over again. Again, not saying that I don't love my life (especially since my book is getting published. Yey!) but you need a change now and again to appreciate what you do have. 

So books and music and writing and painting kind of helps me to get out of my head--and sometimes when the occasion calls for it immerse myself inside my inner-self--for a little while. 

It, especially writing and painting especially helps when my mind and my heart wars (it happens way too much for my liking) in reaction towards something that happens in my life. And usually there's no compromise between them it's either the heart wins or the mind. 

No, I don't feel like changing much of my life...except, I do want to stop being so lazy though. And to actually like exercise. I am such a cat right now, all I do is sleep, eat, roll around with my fellow siblings (my pet cats). 


(you finally did your job and fed me. now you get your reward. You may pet me)


Btw, recently I have a variety of wounds: monkey bite, monkey scratches ( I always get the dirty work), a burnt tongue, and a long scratch on my leg because of my clumsiness.

And I have a runny nose and a fever. 


(slightly more fancier sketch. Look, HANDS, er, a hand!)


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, hope you get well soon >< and well, actually I think your life is pretty interesting, with all the writing, dreams, cats and monkeys and all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and lol, yeah my life is either very dull or, well, a zoo. Always extremes.

      Delete