Friday, December 14, 2012

Rurouni Kenshin live action movie?


At first I was afraid, I was petrified...and then I watched the trailer and now I just WANT IT!!!!

Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes, it hits all my sweet spots; family, heroism, philosophy, political intrigue, sword fights, badassness, bromance, twisted villains...it has it all.

I remember always waiting for the clock to strike 3 so I can watch it; lying on the couch with my cat Shadow on my chest. I remember trying to figure out what makes Kenshin tick, half-amused and half-awed by Kaoru's naivete about the ways of the sword, snickering at Saito's hair, enjoying Megumi and Sannosuke's bickering, at Yahiko and Saya's cute romance-to-be.

I remembered most of all bawling my eyes out when Kenshin had to say goodbye to Kaoru ( I'm a big KaoruxKenshin shipper, okay?)

And I love Aoshi's misguided understanding of the word strength, of Hanya's gentle concern for their Oniwabanshu family, of Misao's spunk and her obvious crush on Aoshi (yes, I am a shipper of AoshixMisao).

And Seta Soujirou in Jupongatana, well, I think that's his name, with the insane Shishio.

And...and...well, I just love it so much okay?

I remember whining to the teacher when we had an afterschool class, trying to persuade him to take the lesson to the library so we can all watch it on the TV. And laughing when the teacher also said that he had also wanted to watch it but he can't because he had to be stuck with us.

And most of all I remembered the super awesome sword fight between Kenshin and Saito!!!

MAN, I WANT IT NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment