Thursday, December 27, 2012

New fantasy novel+artwork

I've always wanted to write a fusion of novel and artwork, not quite like graphic novels or visual novel but, a novel, with some artwork thrown in between the pages. And from all the ideas in my idea books, I've actually found one that would set a challenge and give freedom to create for the artist.

Anyway, CC is going to work with me on this one. The book isn't written yet, so it's a work in progress for both of us. 

Here are her works that drew me to her as an artist and that just fits the new fantasy novel. I love how Hayao Miyazaki she can be with her colors and whimsy. 




Isn't it gorgeous? We're currently discussing which styles we'd use and world-building and character descriptions. It's going so well and very fun!

I love when I find new people that I can talk these things with. You can see her other works at her deviantart site. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's going to be a single book (dear God, please let it be so), and we're already discussing characters and world-building and background. We're having a blast and we're are oh so excited. Will have more news for you soon!

      Delete