Monday, December 24, 2012

How to Deal with Bad Reviews

I just realized that when my book gets out, I will have more reviews than I've ever dealt with. And I'm certain that not all of them would be favorable. 

The thing is, I've never had a bad review other than the generally bad-tempered ones like "you suck", "this is lame" or, and I'm quoting word for word here, "meh". To be honest,  I've never considered comments like this as reviews because, well, they're not. 

There was another review that said, "I read all the reviews that you've gotten and it's mostly good but most of the stories here have good reviews. They give it to everybody" which confused me. Basically he or she was saying that I shouldn't get too much of a big head over my good reviews which really reeked of jealousy.

There are constructed criticism once or twice, but mostly about grammars and typos, which is cool. 

But as soon as I get published, now, that's where all the wackos usually come out, especially since my book plays with religion and angels/demons. 

Now, I've developed a thick skin through the years, but I have a feeling that I should grow a few more layers before my book is out.



I think I can manage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment