Saturday, March 30, 2013

Those moments

You know those moments, when you realize that you've passed a milestone from childhood to adulthood?

People experience those moments in different ways. For me, it's when I outgrow a book. When rereading a book, a passage or a scene that had seemed so big and wondrous for me suddenly seemed ordinary. Or when that really wonderful thing happened, when I suddenly understood something that years before I didn't, that a phrase that didn't mean anything suddenly did. That I could relate to something I couldn't before.

That for me is a sign that, yes, I have experienced things, have lived through events in my life that added to and made me to who I am now and because of it, I could understand this book, this character like I couldn't before.

Those moments makes me sad and wistful but also bittersweetly happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment