Monday, March 18, 2013

So,


So, watched Jack the Giant Slayer yesterday with my sisters
…and it was good. Surprisingly good. I didn’t really expect much from it but really, I enjoyed it.

Not to say that I didn’t have something to gripe about it. I can’t say anything about the CGI and etc because I have no knowledge of it, but I can talk about the plot.

Mainly, the plot about the princess. The thing is, it was emphasized that the princess wants an adventure, she wants to do something other than just being a princess, she wants to learn about her people, she wants to be seen as capable and not a delicate princess by her father. 

And that’s cool.

But then, it seems that all she got to do, is being saved. 

After, the writers and other characters (elmond and the other guard) said that she was capable (and she was when she was at the Giant’s territory, I understood why she didn’t go down but go up, and she marked her passage so she wouldn’t get lost, smarts, right there) but then…nothing. 

When the Giants finally destroyed the gates at almost end, I was SERIOUSLY HOPING that the one who wore the crown would be her, that she would finally showed (sure, by way of magic crown) her father, It would have been such a great moment for her.

I understand WHY Jack’s the one who wore the crown, but at the very least, give us a short second where Jack, understanding her, would give her the crown, but she refused and gave it to him, maybe in a sneaky thought that there was no way her father could refuse their hero as her lawfully wedded husband. AT LEAST THERE WOULD BE SOMETHING.

After all the “she is capable, she is strong”, at the end she is a princess who ran away from home, got caught by giants, rescued over and over again and married the GIANT SLAYER.

There, that would be it.

I mean I was kind of psyched with the scene where Jack said she looked beautiful when she was wearing armor. ARMOR and not some smansy dress, but even then the armor is a matching armor of her fathers. It was GOLD, and not a scratch on it, as if it was an accessory. 

I just wanted her to be MORE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment