Saturday, February 21, 2015

Movies, Friends and chats



Due to an unexpected possible opportunity that came my way, my friends and I ended up talking about every wrong thing about Indonesian movies that I realized the only time I actually watched an Indonesian movie was when it was free, as in somebody actually paid for me to watch the movie. Here's the thing, it's not that we don't have good domestic movies, we do, but I don't personally feel justified in paying money for it because most of our movies are usually stupid horror movies or romance. I don't even watch Hollywood's romance in theaters, waste of money and time. I'd much prefer to watch it alone in my house and also be able to speed through it when I get bored.


You might ask, what DO I watch in theaters? Action movies. I would readily shell out money to watch things explode and people getting killed (but not animals), why? Because then we get the whole cinematic experience when watching action movies from sound to camerawork to cinematography. It's a full ride!


Anyway, we started listing the Indonesian movies that we've actually watched and my friend mentioned, "Kapan Kawin" is funny. Kapan kawin in English is "when are you getting married?' yes, it is that question that drives us singletons nutty.


I've heard about the movie but I don't know what it's about and I was like, "Is it about a girl/boy who gets harassed by people via that question, finally snaps and kills everybody afterwards?"


Friend: I like your version better.


Another friend: It can start as a comedy...then becomes a thriller. A thriller comedy!


Suffice to say, all three of us are unmarried....but if that was the movie, I'd watch it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment